Local Advisory Body
The Viking Academy Trust has a group of 15 individuals who work together to discuss strategic issues including legal issues, human resources, finance, curriculum, health & safety, budgets and the development plans of each school. Each school has its own Local Advisory Body (LAB) made up of 6 or more individuals.
The Chair of our Local Advisoy Body is Mr Neil Roby, contact via the school.
The Local Advisory Body (LAB) carry many legal responsibilities for the school, this only represents part of the overall story. These activities include:
- Oversight of the effective delivery of the curriculum
- Monitoring the progress of children throughout their school life
- Developing and monitoring the annual budget and finances
- Long-term planning for the future development of the school
- Ensure effective policies covering areas such as child welfare, recruitment, health & safety etc.
In addition to these, the LAB are visible within the school and play an active part in celebrating in the success of the children. For example:
- Every year group has an assigned trustee
- Being part of everyday school life
- Helping with school activities and events
If you would like to find out more about the work of the Local Advisory Body (LAB) please contact the Chair, Head of School or Trust Secretary (email@example.com).
A passion and concern for the development of our children are the main requirements for any Local Advisory Body (LAB).