Tuesday 28th April 2020
Good morning year 1!
We hope you have all been enjoying the beautiful sunshine as much as possible over the past few days. Winston has enjoyed splashing about in the paddling pool and his long walks to the park!
Here is today's learning...
At 10.30am today on the link below a lovely Read, Write Inc teacher will be adding a video to teach you all the sound ea. There will be two videos called 'Set 3 speed sounds - ea and Set 3 spelling ea'. If you would like to, please watch the video for your phonics session by clicking on the link:
If the videos do not work for you, the lesson is detailed below:
1. Find the sound ea on your sound card and say it lots of times, make sure you are looking at the sound to ensure you remember what it looks like, also say ‘ea – cup of tea.’ When you're finished, point to some other sounds too (about 10).
2. Write down the following words for your child to read (east, peach, read, meat, cream). Remember they need to find the special friends, fred talk and then read the word.
3. Now write down some words for your child to read as a recap of previous sounds learnt (fear, fire, chew, boat, cake). This time encourage your child to say the sounds in their head and then say the word aloud.
4. Ask your child to show you their alien faces! Write down the words sheab, clead, beag, heac. Ask your child to spot the special friends, Fred talk and then read the word.
5. Now it's time for spellings! One at a time say the following words to your child (east, peach, read, meat, cream). Repeat the word back to each other then ask them to pinch the sounds. When they know how many sounds in the word they can write it down. Help your child to tick or fix (correct) their work.
You can now share a book together. Use the link below to find the book ‘Chicken Licken.’ (feel free to select a different book to read if your child wishes to read another).
As a challenge, your child could create a storyboard (pictures and a small annotation of what is happening in the story during key parts). This is a great way to get your child to recall what is happening.
To warm up our maths brains today lets count up in 5s. As your child counts get them to show 5 or a zero with each hand as they count 5, 10, 15, 20 etc.. Play a game of tables tennis, your child hits the 5 to you and you hit back 10 and so on.
Today in maths we will be continuing to focus on place value. We will be looking at partitioning the numbers- this is when we break it up into its tens and ones to understand what each digit represents. Please use the teaching slides to recap the learning then your child can complete the sheet.
Today we will focus on a Hindu celebration between brothers and sisters. Look through the RE slides together. Then choose from the attached activities, you may complete more than one if you wish.
Today is also music day! Here is a fun activity to play to practise rhythms (it’s also great for checking listening skills also!)
This is a musical version of Simon Says. Clap a range of rhythms all 4 beats long using hands, body, voice or even the floor and get your child to repeat the pattern back. However, if they hear in any form the rhythm ‘Don’t clap this one back,’ – they DON’T clap it back!
Helping at Home!
Today’s task is a little bit different. We would like you to think of someone who lives close by, maybe someone you say hello to when you’ve been out and about on your daily walk, a neighbour. Think of something nice you would like to do for them to put a smile on their face and brighten their day. It could be drawing them a picture, writing them a letter or bake them something yummy!
SPECIAL SHOUT OUT
Today we would like to shout out to Oscar for the amazing video of his 3D shape singing! I very much enjoyed it, and it was great to see your home learning too!
We hope you enjoy your day!
Mrs Walker, Miss Wright and Miss Cheshire x