Tuesday 16th June
Good morning Team Teal and Team Periwinkle. We hope that those children who returned to school yesterday had a marvellous day. Well done to those at home still doing their home learning tasks!
Here’s today’s learning:
The RWI videos will be available, but will take a slightly different form. All videos will be available from 9:30 am so you can choose from set 2 or set 3, whichever you feel your child needs to focus on. There will be reading opportunities for longer words and red words included in each session. Use the link below to find the lessons you need under the different categories.
If you would rather not use the videos, teach the lesson as follows:
1. Find the sound ‘ai’ on your sound card and say it lots of times, make sure you are looking at the sound to ensure you remember what it looks like, also say ‘ai, snail in the rain.’ Explain that these are special friends (two letters that make one sound) When you're finished, point to some other sounds (about 10).
2. Write down the following words for your child to read (rain, plain, main, train, complain). Remember they need to find the special/chatty friends, Fred talk (say the sounds) and then read the word.
3. Now write down some words for your child to read as a recap of previous sounds learnt (home, bake, smile, cute). This time encourage your child to say the sounds in their head and then say the word aloud.
4. Ask your child to show you their alien faces! Write down the words: flaip, shaiz, thaim. Ask your child to spot the special/chatty friends, Fred talk and then read the word.
5. Now it's time for spellings! One at a time say the following words to your read (rain, plain, main, train, complain). Repeat the word back to each other then ask them to pinch the sounds. When they know how many sounds in the word they can write it down. Help your child to tick or fix (correct) their work.
For your English today, you will continue to listen to a story called 'The Night Box'. Listen to the story and complete activity 2 and 3.
Remember to use your full stops and capital letters when you are writing your thank you card.
Let’s warm up our maths brains…click on the link to watch a video about number bonds to 10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyK8iEO5-GI
Now see if your child can remember the number bonds!
Today we will be continuing to learn about place value and learning about what each digit represents in a number. Click on the teaching slide document below and talk through them with your child.
You can then use the number cards. Choose a number card and then write as follows:
18 = 1 ten and 8 ones
18 = 10 and 8
16 = 1 ten and 6 ones
16= 10 and 6
Understanding the value of each digit in a number is incredibly important as this knowledge will help them in many areas of their maths learning.
Topic – PSHE
Watch the above story – The colour Monster. As you watch it, discuss what each emotion looks like for you and your child.
Link this to our zones of emotional regulation which we use at school. Call out the zone colours and get the children to make faces to match the zones. They may need some help to remember the different colours and emotions:
Red – angry, frustrated
Blue – sad, worried
Yellow – excited, restless
Green – focussed, ready to learn
Discuss the fact that it is really important to be able to recognise how we’re feeling. Play guess my emotion – adult to list some bodily responses and children to say what emotion they think is being shown e.g. I can’t sit still, I want to jump up and down; my face aches from smiling so much; I want to get up and run around.
Activity: Children to finish off sentences... I know I’m sad when I ….; I know I’m excited when….
Viking Games Week 2 - A message from Miss Knight
Thank you for all of the pictures and videos that you have sent to me this week. The weather has been lovely for you to complete your challenges!
This week, can you complete your challenge in fancy dress? The crazier the better!
The Challenges are:
Can you balance on any part of your body for 10 seconds?
Walk, Cycle or Run 1K (Choose one)
Good luck and I look forward to seeing more pictures and videos in fancy dress J! Please continue to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
That is it for today. We hope you have enjoyed your learning! Have a lovely day.
Mrs Cheshire, Miss Wright and Mrs Walker xx
Please enter some content for your blog post here.