Friday 26th June
Happy FriYAY to Team Teal and Team Periwinkle. The end of another great week. We hope you've enjoyed your home learning this week and taken time to enjoy the sunshine. Good luck with todays work and have a wonderful weekend.
The RWI videos will be available, but will take a slightly different form. All videos will be available from 9:30 am so you can choose from set 2 or set 3, whichever you feel your child needs to focus on. There will be reading opportunities for longer words and red words included in each session. Use the link below to find the lessons you need under the different categories. On the channel from Monday you will also find a Hold a Sentence video to watch to help your child get used to remembering sentences which they wish to write down. Just scroll down as you would when selecting your sounds video and it is after the red words videos.
If you would rather not use the videos, teach the lesson as follows:
1. Find the sound ‘i-e’ on your sound card and say it lots of times, make sure you are looking at the sound to ensure you remember what it looks like, also say ‘i-e nince smile’. Explain that the i-e are chatty friends (they talk too much so are not allowed to sit next to each other and have to have someone sit in between them!) When you're finished, point to some other sounds too (about 10).
2. Write down the following words for your child to read (nice, smile, time, crime, slime). Remember they need to find the chatty friends, Fred talk (say the sounds) and then read the word.
3. Now write down some words for your child to read as a recap of previous sounds learnt (enjoy, boat, joke, cobweb, spray). This time encourage your child to say the sounds in their head and then say the word aloud.
4. Ask your child to show you their alien faces! Write down the words chibe, thime, flipe. Ask your child to spot the chatty/special friends, Fred talk and then read the word.
5. Now it's time for spellings! One at a time say the following words to your child (nice, smile, time, crime, slime). Repeat the word back to each other then ask them to pinch the sounds. When they know how many sounds in the word they can write it down. Help your child to tick or fix (correct) their work.
It is also important for children to practise reading red words which cannot be Fred talked. These words need to be learnt by sight but can be done so through a variety of fun games. You could write some of the red words down on pieces of paper and play snap, bingo, put them around the room/ garden for children to run to when called out or children could practise writing them out in chalk, paint, sand etc. Knowing these red words will help children become speedier and more confident when reading.
Click on the link above and complete the comprehension activity
Let's warm our brains up by practising counting in 10's.
Think about the numbers 5, 4 and 9. Have a go at thinking about all the number sentences we could write using thses numbers; both addition and subtraction.
We could have 5+4 = 9, 4 + 5 = 9, 9 - 5 = 4 and 9 - 4 = 9.
Now take the numbers 6, 4 and 10. Can you find all the number sentences we could make with these numbers.
Take the following sets of numbers and write down all the number sentences you can make with them:
3, 4, 7
2, 8, 10
3, 6, 9
8, 7, 15
Today, we are thinking about objectcs that are special to us. Ask you child to share with you objects that are special to them and why.
Activity: Paint a picture of an objects that is special to them.
That is it for today. Have a wonderful weekend.
Mrs Cheshire, Miss Wright, Mrs Walker