Monday 29th June
Good morning Team Teal and Team Periwinkle. We hope that you all had a lovely weekend and are ready for a new week of learning!
A HUGE shout out to Isabelle who has completed her home learning every day. It is great to see all of you learning which you send to us - what a superstar you are!
Here’s today’s learning:
The RWI videos will be available, but will take a slightly different form. All videos will be available from 9:30 am so you can choose from set 2 or set 3, whichever you feel your child needs to focus on. There will be reading opportunities for longer words and red words included in each session. Use the link below to find the lessons you need under the different categories.
If you would rather not use the videos, teach the lesson as follows:
1. Find the sound ‘o-e’ on your sound card and say it lots of times, make sure you are looking at the sound to ensure you remember what it looks like, also say ‘o-e, phone home!’ Explain that these are chatty friends (two letters that make one sound but have to be separated by another letter because they talk too much!) When you're finished, point to some other sounds (about 10).
2. Write down the following words for your child to read (home, wrote, zone, drone, phone). Remember they need to find the special/chatty friends, Fred talk (say the sounds) and then read the word.
3. Now write down some words for your child to read as a recap of previous sounds learnt (shake, sleep, smile, flute). This time encourage your child to say the sounds in their head and then say the word aloud.
4. Ask your child to show you their alien faces! Write down the words: shope, thote, grofe. Ask your child to spot the special/chatty friends, Fred talk and then read the word.
5. Now it's time for spellings! One at a time say the following words to your read (home, wrote, zone, drone, phone). Repeat the word back to each other then ask them to pinch the sounds. When they know how many sounds in the word they can write it down. Help your child to tick or fix (correct) their work.
Click on the link to watch some videos of ‘Spike: The hedgehog who lost his prickles.
After Video 1, think about the following:
- What happens to the sock?
- Do you think that Weasel is kind to Spike?
- What does Spike find attached to Mole’s door?
- What do you think will happen next?
Then watch Video 2, and think about the following:
- Did you expect the balloons to carry Spike into the air?
- How do you think Spike felt?
- What do you think he saw when he travelled twice around the world?
- What did you think of the ending?
Have a go at completing Activity 1 and 2.
To warm our maths brains up this morning, we will count on in tens. Choose a number on the hundred square and jump down to count on in tens e.g. start at 23 and count ’23, 33, 43, 53, 63, 73, 83, 93.’ Talk about how the ones digit stays the same but the tens digit goes up by 1 ten each time you count.
This week, we will be learning about multiplication. Today we will start by looking at repeated addition. Click on the teaching slides below and talk through them together. Then click on the activity sheet and complete like this:
How many spots do 2 ladybirds have?
4 + 4 = 8
2 groups of 4 = 8
How many spots do 3 ladybirds have?
4 + 4 + 4 = 12
3 groups of 4= 12
Topic – PSHE
This week, we will be focussing on rules and responsibilities.
Think about and share what rules the children know and follow. Should we all live by the same rules? What would happen if we didn’t have rules? What are these rules put into place for? Do people always follow them? What should happen if we break the rules?
ACTIVITY: You are King/ Queen of an island and need to set the rules. What rules would you put into place? How will your rules be decided? Would you alone make the rules of would you let people vote on new rules? You could draw the island and write the rules around the island or write a list of the rules or just do this activity as a discussion activity. There is a Minecraft village activity sheet attached if your child would like to use this.
Viking Games Week 4 - A message from Miss Knight
#ChiltonHeroes, The pictures and videos that you are sending in are fabulous, thank you. This week we continue to challenge you in Olympic events! You will be an Olympian! Choose your country and participate in the event using your imagination! I cannot wait for these pictures and videos
The Olympic Challenges this week are:
Have a look at the links to give you some ideas!
Look out for my video next week! Good luck!
Please continue to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
That is it for today. We hope you have enjoyed your learning!
Mrs Cheshire, Miss Wright and Mrs Walker xx