Advice for Parents and Carers on how to keep children safe online:
We know that a huge number of our children are actively participating in an online world. The majority of children's experiences of the internet are fun, safe and a wealth of learning opportunities can be found online. However, it is vitally important that we teach children to explore this world safely and with the knowledge of how to keep themselves safe.
There are an increasing number of sites and web content that can be upsetting and even dangerous for children. Chilton Primary advises that parents engage with children in all aspects of their online activities:
- Be aware of how your child engages with the online world (gaming / youtube / website surfing)
- Talk to your child about their online habits
- Be aware if your child is engaging in social networking and decide what is appropriate for your child.
- Make sure your child knows what to do if they do come across inappropriate content or something that makes them feel uncomfortable.
-Make sure your child accesses age appropriate content and gaming.
- Check your own parental controls on ipads, mobiles devices and computers
- Make sure that your children don't share personal information unecessarily or unsafely
- Consider limiting screen time or having a set time that the wifi goes OFF!