Year 4 Weekly News 26.5.23
We started the week by recapping about the different angles and sides of polygons. We were looking to see which shapes were regular and which shapes were irregular. We then moved onto multiplication and multiplying two digits by two digits. Firstly, we used the grid method and then moved onto the column method.
This week we have continued reading our book called ‘The Watertower’. In the book, we concluded that the town of Preston has become hypnotised by anyone that enters the water in the tower. Due to the lots of suspense parts in the story, we have created our own suspense narratives by using the same structure. The results have been amazing!
Throughout RE this week, we have been learning about the different Buddhist festivals and how they are celebrated. We have learnt about the Loy Krathong and how Buddhists celebrate it by making floating water baskets. We have also learnt about the ploughing festival and that Buddhists celebrate by giving offerings of rice and flower.
- The children's multiplication check will be taking place very soon in June so it would be a great time for all of the children to play TTRS and/or do as much times tables practice and learning at home as possible. Only a few more weeks now.
- Monday 5th June – Inset day
- Wednesday 21st June - Non-school uniform day in exchange for a tombola bottle
- Thursday 22nd June - Class Photos
- Friday 23rd June - Summer Fair straight after school
- Monday 10th July - KS2 Sport's Day - 9.15-12
Many thanks and have a lovely half term!
The Year 4 Team
Please enter some content for your blog post here.