Friday 7th October
This week in our English lessons, we have been continuing to write newspaper reports. Our focus was using direct and reported speech in our article about the heroic return of Sir Ernest Shackleton and his entire crew. We have also finished the book Ice Trap, which we all thoroughly enjoyed.
Next week, we will be writing from different people’s points-of-view, including Shackleton’s wife.
We have been using our knowledge of the four operations to problem solve. Using the bar model and the methods we have learnt over the past weeks, we have solved questions with two and three steps, sometimes using more than one operation.
Next week we will be learning about time and time conversions.
In topic this week, we have been discussing ecosystems and life cycles. We took a trip to the local park to discuss the local ecosystem and created pictures to show the complexity and size of an ecosystem in the simplest of places.
Next week we will be looking at amphibians and why there are none in Antarctica. We are also coming to the end of our Topic and will be celebrating with a special exit point.
We would like the children to write an acrostic poem using the word HARVEST, celebrating the harvest festival. Please make it as colourful and eye-catching as possible as some will be presented in our assembly.
Mr Mason/Mr Abel’s Group: automobile, autograph, autopilot, autobiography, automatic, autocue
Miss Hayzelden’s Group: Looked, their, could, about, little
- Please support your child in reading at least four times a week. Children should be taking a quiz on Accelerated Reader once they have finished a book.
- Sports Project is on a Wednesday. Please could children come to school in school uniform but with trainers.
- PE is on a Thursday, and for this term is swimming. Please could children come to school in their PE kit and bring their swimming things in a bag.
- Details have been sent home regarding our Term 2 trip to the Science Museum on Friday 4th November. If you require more details or have any questions please contact the office or ask your child's teacher.
- Our Harvest Festival Assembly will take place on 21st October
- Individual School Photographs will take place on Tuesday 18th October
- Term 1 ends on Friday 21st October
- Term 2 begins on Tuesday 1st November