Friday 17th September 2021
A very warm welcome to all of our families. We hope that you find the blogs useful each week. In each blog we will tell you what we have been learning and share important information with you. We will also post some pictures each week to show what the children have been getting up to. If we can be of any help, please do not hesitate to contact us (in person or by email).
We have been so impressed with how well the children have settled in to school life. It has been wonderful getting to know all of the children and we cannot wait to get to know them even more over the year.
This week we have started our sounds sessions. We have learned the following sounds: m, a, s. We have learned how to say these sounds, words which start with these sounds and how to write these sounds. Your child will be bringing home their sound books today. We ask that these are returned on a Thursday so that we can put in the new sounds. For more information on sounds books, please refer to Mrs Cheshire’s video.
This week we have been counting. We have been learning how to accurately count objects. The children have done an amazing job with this. You can support your child to count at home (e.g. clap 5 times and ask them how many claps, count the steps as you walk up or down etc).
This week we have been talking about different feelings and times we have experiences these feelings. In school, we use Zones of Regulation. We have introduced these to the children this week and are encouraging them to identify how they are feeling. These are the feelings and the colours associated with them:
Red – angry, scared
Blue – sick, tired, sad
Yellow – frsutarted, silly, excited
Green – calm, happy, focussed
- Mrs Cheshire has created a video to share some important information with you. If you have any problems accessing the video, please let us know as it contains lots of useful bits!
- Sounds books need to be returned on a Thursday and will be sent home on a Friday.
- Little star sheets can be completed any time and returned to school at any time. If you require extra copies, please just ask your child’s class teacher.
- Smiley cards will start on Monday. Your child will come home with an envelope – please keep this at home and collect the smiley cards sent home. Once they have 25 smiley cards, please return to school where children will receive something special.
- Please ensure that everything is labelled so that we can make sure that jumpers/cardigans/coats etc can go home with the right children! Thank you!
- We always welcome junk modelling (boxes, egg boxes, plastic bottles etc) so that the children can get creative at Busy Time.
- PE kits to be worn by all children in Reception all day each Friday starting from 24th September.
- Trainers to be worn with school uniform on a Tuesday for Team Topaz and Wednesday for Team Aqua.
We thank you all for your support so far this year. We hope the children get lots of rest this weekend ready for another fun week next week!
The EYFS Team
Please enter some content for your blog post here.