Home learning Tuesday 21st April
You are all doing so well.....keep on going!
Good morning everybody! The sun has been shining and I hope this blog finds you all safe and well. Well done to all of you for logging on and reading the blog. We are so proud of how dedicated you have all been in keeping up with the blog. Remember to keep in touch. We miss you all very much. Here is today's learning...
At 10.30am today on the link below a lovely Read, Write Inc teacher will be adding a video to teach you all the sound ai. There will be two videos called 'Set 3 speed sounds - ai and Set 3 spelling ai'. If you would like to please watch the video for your phonics session by clicking on the link:
If the videos do not work for you then the lesson is detailed below:
1. Find the sound ai on your sound card and say it lots of times, make sure you are looking at the sound to ensure you remember what it looks like. When you're finished, point to some other sounds too (about 10).
2. Write down the following words for your child to read (paint, main, pain, rain). Remember they need to find the special friends, fred talk (say the sounds) and then read the word.
3. Now write down some words for your child to read as a recap of previous sounds learnt (brown, play, bone, green, dawn). This time encourage your child to say the sounds in their head and then say the word aloud.
4. Ask your child to show you their alien faces! Write down the words flaip, taig, flaiv, chaim. Ask your child to spot the special friends, Fred talk and then read the word.
5. Now it's time for spellings! One at a time say the following words to your child (paint, main, pain, rain). Repeat the word back to each other then ask them to pinch the sounds. When they know how many sounds in the word they can write it down. Help your child to tick or fix (correct) their work.
It is also important for children to practise reading red words which cannot be Fred talked. These words need to be learnt by sight but can be done so through a variety of fun games. You could write some of the red words down on pieces of paper and play snap, bingo, put them around the room/ garden for children to run to when called out or children could practise writing them out in chalk, paint, sand etc. Knowing these red words will help children become speedier and more confident when reading.
You can now share a book together. Use the link below to find the book ‘Horses’ (feel free to select a different book to read if your child wishes to read another).
As a writing challenge you could ask your child to write about their dream bedroom. What would be on the walls? What colour would it be? What toys would they have?
As a warm up today set your child the challenge of writing their numbers as high as they can go. They could do this on paper or on chalk outside. I wonder who can reach 100!
Today in maths we will be recapping the names of our 3D shape. Go through the 3D shapes document attached and watch the 3D shapes song below (beware it is annoyingly catchy).
Go on a shape hunt around your house and garden. Look for objects that match some of the 3D shapes from the song e.g. toilet roll is a cylinder shape.
On a Tuesday we would have music. Today we would like you to visit the BBC bitesize music website. Click on the link below
Today we'd like you to play listen and layer. Choose a song and click on the buttons to add and remove different instruments. Listen to how the song changes.
That's all for today. We hope you have a happy Tuesday!!