Thursday 7th May 2020
It's Friday eve! The sun is shining! Let's do this!
At 10.30am today on the link below a lovely Read, Write Inc teacher will be adding a video to teach you all the sound are. There will be two videos called 'Set 3 speed sounds - are and Set 3 spelling - are. If you would like to, please watch the video for your phonics session by clicking on the link:
If the videos do not work for you, the lesson is detailed below:
1. Find the sound are on your sound card and say it lots of times, make sure you are looking at the sound to ensure you remember what it looks like, also say ‘are – care and share.’ When you're finished, point to some other sounds too (about 10).
2. Write down the following words for your child to read (care, share, fare, dare, bare). Remember they need to find the special friends, fred talk and then read the word.
3. Now write down some words for your child to read as a recap of previous sounds learnt (letter, fire, paint, poke, stay). This time encourage your child to say the sounds in their head and then say the word aloud.
4. Ask your child to show you their alien faces! Write down the words plare, charep, sharef, vare. Ask your child to spot the special friends, Fred talk and then read the word.
5. Now it's time for spellings! One at a time say the following words to your (care, share, fare, dare, bare). Repeat the word back to each other then ask them to pinch the sounds. When they know how many sounds in the word they can write it down. Help your child to tick or fix (correct) their work.
Now it's time to share a book. Click on the link below to acces the book 'The Stinky Plant'. If it asks you for a log in please remember you can just join the website for free and create your own login. Just click on 'Join Us' at the top of the page and choose your own password.
For your writing today, we are going to focus on using adjectives (describing words) in our writing. Click on the link below and complete activity 1 and 2.
This week we have been learning all about money. Today we will looking at using coins to make different amounts. Have a look at the teaching slides below. Then click on the document called 'Money - making different amounts'. Look at what amount you need to make. Look at the tens digit and draw around the coins to make the 10's. Then look at the one's digit and draw around the coins to make ones. For example, if I needed to make 65p. I look at the tens digit and know I need to make 6 10's. I could use 6 10p coins or maybe a 50p and a 10p coin as I know 50 add 10 make 60. Then I look at the 1's digit, which is 5. So I will just use a 5p.
The sheets attached go up in increasing difficulty. You can start with the first one and build up, stopping if it gets too tricky.
Today we are continuing with our Topic 'The Toymaker'. Today, we want you to learn about toys from the past. Watch this funny video of children playing with some toys from the past. Can you work out what you do with the toy before they do?
Speak to your family (parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents). Ask them what their favourite toy was and explain how they played it.
Pick one toy from the past and draw a picture of it. You could label it or describe how it was used.
A big shout out to Ethan H from Team Teal. Ethan sent us a video of him adding up with coins. We were so impressed!! Well done Ethan!
Helping at home
Today, to help at home you could make sure your bedroom is nice and tidy. Make sure your toys are all put away and your bed is made. I bet Mummy and Daddy would really appreciate it.