Wednesday 3rd June 2020
Good morning Team Teal and Team Periwinkle. It is Wednesday already – this week is flying by!
Here’s today’s learning:
The RWI videos will be available, but will take a slightly different form. All videos will be available from 9:30 am so you can choose from set 2 or set 3, whichever you feel your child needs to focus on. There will be reading opportunities for longer words and red words included in each session. Use the link below to find the lessons you need under the different categories.
If you would rather not use the videos, teach the lesson as follows:
1. Find the sound ‘a-e’ on your sound card and say it lots of times, make sure you are looking at the sound to ensure you remember what it looks like, also say ‘a-e make a cake.’ Explain that these are chatty friends (they are not allowed to sit together as they chat too much so have to be separated! When you're finished, point to some other sounds (about 10).
2. Write down the following words for your child to read (cake, bake, flake, make, shake, and for an extra challenge, mistake). Remember they need to find the special/chatty friends, Fred talk (say the sounds) and then read the word.
3. Now write down some words for your child to read as a recap of previous sounds learnt (been, queen, spoil, team, show). This time encourage your child to say the sounds in their head and then say the word aloud.
4. Ask your child to show you their alien faces! Write down the words fabe, mape, shabe, plave. Ask your child to spot the special/chatty friends, Fred talk and then read the word.
5. Now it's time for spellings! One at a time say the following words to your read (cake, bake, flake, make, shake, mistake). Repeat the word back to each other then ask them to pinch the sounds. When they know how many sounds in the word they can write it down. Help your child to tick or fix (correct) their work.
In English today we will be carrying on with the activity from yesterday. Click on the link below and complete Activity 2 and 3.
To warm up our maths brains today, ask your adult to say a number e.g. 23. Your job is to say ‘1 more than 23 is 24 and 1 less than 23 is 22’. Try it with different numbers. You could use your number line or hundred square to help you.
Today in Maths we will be answering questions about pictograms. Click on the activity below.
Today, we will continue to learn about the religion Islam. People who follow this religion are called Muslims. This week we are learning about the different ways and events that Muslims celebrate. Click on the RE slides below. Then complete the activity sheet where you will need to think about the things you are thankful for.
That is it for today. We hope you have enjoyed your learning! Have a lovely Wednesday.
Mrs Cheshire, Miss Wright and Mrs Walker xx
Please enter some content for your blog post here.