Home Learning for Tuesday 7th July
Good Morning Team Ocean and Team Sky!
Happy Tuesday! Can you believe that we have 2 more weeks of home learning left before the Summer holidays?! You have been working so hard and we all really miss you!
Listen to the 90s playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbWJVult-9M&list=PL2BiE_4h8TpxUPLyC-z_jUEapVnbuVnMP&index=28
Fact of the day:
In the 90s IPods and phones that had music on them had not been invented so children listened to their music on their portable CD player that looked like the picture below. It was so big you couldn’t fit it in your pocket!
Invent your own ice-cream flavour. What kinds of toppings would your ice-cream? You could even draw and colour in a picture of your new ice-cream.
Today we would like you to read pages 6-11 of Rumpelstiltskin and answer the following questions:
- Why did Lily not want to give her necklace away?
- How do you think Lily felt when the King locked her in a turret and wanted her to spin more straw into gold? (page 7) Why?
- What did Lily have to give to the goblin on page 8 for him to help her?
- What did the goblin want when Lily had nothing left to give him?
- Who did Lily marry in the end?
Today you are going to write a diary entry as Lily.
- Recount the events that have happened to Lily from the beginning of the story to Page 11.
- Remember to include how Lily felt during the events that happened to her.
- Remember when writing a diary entry you are writing in role so using ‘I’ and ‘me’ NOT he/she
Challenge: Can you use a range of time conjunctions and openers in your writing?
(There is a sheet attached to help you!)
MOS- click the link below to play the ‘digit workout’ and sharpen up your mental maths skills!
Main- Today you are going to be telling the time to the nearest 5 minutes. Look at the learning reminder sheet attached to help you and answer either the mild or hot questions!
PE- Today is your PE day today. Have a go at this week’s Viking Games Challenge from Miss Knight. Don’t forget to email your teacher and Miss Knight any photos of your learning!
The pictures and videos that you are sending in are fabulous, thank you.
This week we continue to challenge you in Olympic events!
You will be an Olympian! Choose your country and participate in the event using your imagination! I cannot wait for these pictures and videos.
The Olympic Challenges this week are:
Have a look at the links to give you some ideas!
Please continue to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you have a lovely day!
Lots of love
Miss Davey, Miss Keam, Miss Barrow and Mrs Cheshire!