Weekly News! W/b 30th November
This week in Team Periwinkle and Team Teal we have been learning…
This week in Maths we have continued looking at subtraction! We have continued using our 100/200 squares and have been using empty number lines. We have been subtracting multiples of ten and deepening our learning by also adding ones!
This week we have been looking at rhyming couplets. We were fantastic at finding them in the book and even creating our own! We have also been answering questions about the text and highlighting importing information to help us. We became questioners and thought of many questions to ask the Gruffalo’s child and the Gruffalo himself.
This week in English, we have enjoyed learning what commands are. We thought of some great commands for the Gruffalo’s child and the Gruffalo. We had a fun time creating instructions on how to make a Gruffalo pie, and came up with some really gruesome ideas!! Using commands and time conjunctions, we them made a manual on how to trick a Gruffalo. We really used our imaginations this week!
This week in Topic, we have been focussing on science! We looked at difference forces used within a Circus. Pushes, pulls and twists. With our learning partners, partner A had to perform a force and partner B had to guess what force was being shown. Then we swapped roles. We then moved on to some investigations! We had a letter from a real circus asking to help them with a leaky big top. We had to test the suitability of different materials and test them to see how strong they were and whether they were waterproof. Most of our conclusions resulted in choosing hard plastic, which we will of course recommend to the circus! Our next investigation was testing materials for circus performer’s costumes. We needed to decide which material would be best suited for each performer! We checked to see if each material was either stretchy, shiny, light or heavy, cool or hot and colourful. We then close which materials would be best for each circus performer.
Love to Learn
This week we would love for you to complete a comprehension. The sheet will be sent home Friday.
- PE is on Monday – Please remember kit.
- Please remember to tie hair back.
- Bubble Christmas Parties! - Thursday 10th December All children can wear party clothes and sensible shoes (Suitable for playtime) They are also invited to bring in their own box of party food.
- Christmas dinner and Jumper day - Friday 11th December (This has been moved a week earlier)
- Christmas Shop - Please can children bring in £3 per gift bag to fill with a range of gifts. This will take place on Tuesday 8th December, Friday 11th December, Monday 14th December and Wednesday 16th December.
Have a great weekend!
Miss Keam and Miss Davey