Year 4 Weekly News 26.3.21
We have had a fantastic week here is Year 4! Thank you so much for all of your efforts in helping the children to dress up today for our exit point of our 'Make some Noise' topic. The children looked amazing! Here are some photos...
Here is what we have been learning this week:
We have finished reading the book called Tales of Wisdom and Wonder this week. We read a story called The Shepherd's Dream and the children have confidently worked on summarising the story, clarifying words in a poem related to the story such as scythes, dwell, dell, toil, solitude and answering questions about the story using their inference skills. In writing lessons, we have been focussing on dialogue. The children have learnt how to weave speech into a story and then we focussed on adding adverbs or adverbial phrases to their speech sentences.
In maths this week, we have been learning about time and also how to divide amounts of money. We have practised matching analogue times to digital times. The children have found this most challenging when the analogue time is a 'to' times e.g. knowing that 20 minutes to 7 is actually the same time as 6:40. We have also been trying to calculate time durations this week. For example, how much time passes from half past 7 to quarter past 10, or how much time passes between 7.38am and 11.16am? We finished the week with 2 lessons where we have learnt how to divide decimal numbers using money using the short division method (bus stop method).
This week has been Design and Technology week in our topic. The children have researched how musical instruments make sounds of different pitches, then planned their own instrument, made it and then evaluated their end product. They have made some fantastic instruments. Here are some pictures:
- Both Team Cornflower and Team Sapphire have earnt a class treat this term and they will be having these on Wednesday 31st March in the afternoon. (More details to follow from each teacher). Well done Year 4 for earning our treats!
- A reminder for children to please bring a water bottle every day as they are unable to use the water fountains at the moment.
- Please can children bring their reading books into school every day to be checked by their teacher. Thank you.
- Children are invited to make an Easter bonnet and bring it into school on Thursday 1st April. There will also be an easter egg hunt on Thursday for the children.
- School finishes on Thursday 1st April at normal time (3.20pm) for the Easter break. We hope that you all have a relaxing and safe break from school.
Mrs Cousins and Mr Cook :-)